Re: Combining freespace

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 09:49:05 +0100

I'd then be extremely tempted to do the export and then recreate your tablespaces with a default storage clause including PCTINCREASE 0. Then precreate all your objects without overriding the tablespace storage clause. That way you will get a bunch of tables in the tablespace that will most likely always be able to extend. Your only problems will come if the app is in the habit of creating (and dropping) tables with actual storage clauses. You'll have to do import with ignore=y if you take this route (since the objects will exist).

As I say painful.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA