Re: Oracle Enterprise Manager to manage different instances with different versions on different machines

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 23:11:24 +0200

On Mon, 8 Apr 2002 21:36:35 +0200, "K De Weerd" <kdew1508*private*@freebel.be> wrote:

>Just so you know
>
>The advise I got from the guy teaching at Oracle University regarding this
>is :
>
>Install the version of the agent belonging with the highest version of the
>Oracle product as installed on the node where the agent is to be installed.

The agent needs to be installed on ALL nodes that need to be managed by OEM. The guy obviously doesn't know OEM and Oracle Intelligent Agent. His advise is WRONG!

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Mon Apr 08 2002 - 16:11:24 CDT