PL/SQL Procedure call from ado

From: Mark Wallace <markdw71-No_at_S-p-a-m-hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 16:15:50 +0100

We are having the following problem...

When using ADO to call a PL/SQL package that returns a recordset from the oracle database, the call takes excessively long, but only on one of our web servers!!
On another web server with the same software setup, i.e. same service packs, same oracle client etc, etc the call is almost instantaneous. I am have uninstalled, re-installed ...

service packs...
Oracle client...
our software...

numerous times to see if I could track it down. No luck.

Also when doing standard select queries down to the database (also with ADO) it all works great.
It is just when try to call a PL/SQL package that the one server is hugely slower that the other.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Summary of our setup :

Client Machine :
Oracle Client 8.1.7
OraOLEDB provider 8.1.7.2 (latest version downloaded from oracle) IIS 4
Win NT4 server with service pack 6a

Server Machine :
Oracle 8.1.6

Regards
Mark Received on Mon Apr 08 2002 - 10:15:50 CDT