Re: PL/SQL Procedure call from ado

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 10:20:06 +0400

A few suggestions:

  1. upgrade to 8.1.7.3 client and OLEDB provider (download patches from MetaLink). See if that makes a difference.
  2. Add some debugging to the stored procedure (for example, log the IP of the client and time elapsed using dbms_utility.get_time on entry and on exit) - see if there are any differences in sp execution speed depending on client connected (I doubt it, but if there is any significant difference, you will need to debug the sp and try to figure out what induces it).
  3. This can be network transport problem - if it takes the same time to execute the procedure, and significantly different time to retrieve the recordset (provided it is the same), then the difference in response times should be accounted for network transport.
  4. This can be client hardware (most probably insufficient memory).