Newbie

From: bbitzer <bbitzer_at_tripower.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 07:54:59 -0400

Hello,
I installed Oracle 8i on my Win2k machine and will be using SQL Plus but I have a few questions.
I installed the database and can log in withut a problem, but is there a way to create different database files, like for instance Access will open and you can have several different database files to open and work with. Or is oracle just one big global application?
How do I set up ODBC on Win2k to access my oracle DB as a back end and use Access as my fromt end? I am aware that this is not the best solution, but it would provide a good learnig tool on my own machine where I have all the necessary permissions.
Any help in my getting started with Oracle is greatly appreciated.

Bryan Bitzer
Application Development / Programmer
Tri-Power Consulting Services, L.L.C.

E-Mail: bbitzer_at_tripower.net Received on Mon Apr 08 2002 - 06:54:59 CDT