Shutdown instance from remote machine

From: dsmcd <dsmcd_at_uswestmail.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 22:38:07 GMT

Hello...

Is it possible, using scripts, for one server - which does not have Oracle - to shutdown/startup an instance on another server which is on the same LAN?

Usually, my Oracle and File&Print servers each have their own own DAT and their own BackupExec, so everything is easy since the BackupExec on the Oracle server can launch a pre&post job script to startup and shutdown its own instance. (We do cold backups).

However, at one location, only the File&Print server will have the DAT and BExec. And, it won't have Oracle.

Oracle 817, both win2k-serv. Same LAN. Both are stand-alone servers, only F&P is authenticating. They will share folders.

Any suggestions?

Thx,
D.

PS... I suspect I'll end up putting the DAT and BExec on the Oracle box, though at this particular location I'd rather not (for a few boring and unrelated reasons). Received on Tue Apr 02 2002 - 16:38:07 CST