Access 2000 Oracle linked tables Odbc problem

From: Stefano Guardigli <stguard_at_libero.it>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 22:42:16 +0000 (UTC)

Hello to everyone.
I have a serious problem.
Yesterday I have linked in a MS Access 2000 Database a Oracle 8.1.7 table that has a decimal (15,2) type (in Oracle format) column field. The strange thing is that the linked table show me the field without separator.

Now an example: if in Oracle side i have stored the value 95,12 the corrisponding linked rappresentation in Access 2000 is 9512 (nine thousands five hundred twelve) (the field attributes are decimal type, Precision 15, Scale 2).
Instead on Access 97 on the same machine there is no problem but i need to use Access 2000.
I have thought that the problem was in the ODBC so i have checked the version with the MDAC COmponent checker (it was 2.1.1.3711.11 (GA) ) and i have update it with the last version MDAC 2.7 RTM. After that I have tryed to re-link the oracle table with the same problem. I'm looking for a solution. Please, May you help me? However Thank you
Stefano Guardigli