Oracle Client and Listener

From: Adam Gent <adam_at_arcweb.org.uk>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 00:09:01 -0000

Hi,

I am trying to get the oracle client utils to talk to a remote oracle server (8i) over the internet.

I have installed the client untilities and am trying to connect to the oracle server through SQL Plus.

I have set-up the tnsnames.ora file, with the correct settings, but I get an error with no listener found, and I do not know what I need to put in to this file.

Could you please tell me what needs to go into this file.

Thanks,

Adam Gent Received on Sat Mar 23 2002 - 18:09:01 CST