Re: Linux or Windows 2000?

From: Ron van Zijl <zijlr_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 3 Mar 2002 12:35:03 -0800

As with everything it is not just a question of technical issues.

From a technology perspective I agree with the previous posters that any Unix type enviroment is "better" in ways of stability, security and scalability. However you will needs a support staff that is able to administer the server. If your company already has unix knowledge you are ready : Just use Unix or any major Linux distribution.

If you don't have any Unix knowledge within the company it is probably better to stay within your administrative expertise which is probably Windows. Cost of ownership will be lower that way. Just make sure you use either NT4 sp 6a or W2K server. I am not keen on XP yet :)

Greetz

Ron