Re: Oracle, Transactions and ASP/ADO

From: Enrico Luciano <e.luciano_at_NOSPAMMMwirecom.it>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 19:05:26 GMT

Thank you Jim,

    I browsed otn.oracle.com and I've found a document no. a90171.pdf which describes the OLE-DB Driver for Oracle. I've read it, but I got only a very poor answer to my question.

My question is to understand what means, in terms of Oracle Transaction environment, when I set a particular attribute in a given object.

As an example
If I set the object property Connection::IsolationLevel to adXactBrowse or adXactIsolate (or any other value) in my ASP code, what I'll get in my Oracle envorinment? How my transaction will be affected? This Is what I need. I need this for the Mode, IsolationLevel and LockType Properties attributes...

Can someone tell me where I can find infos?

Best REgards

Enrico

"Jim Kennedy" <kennedy-family_at_attbi.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:HMgc8.5533$S01.352939_at_sccrnsc02...
> Go to otn.oracle.com and click on documentation. If you are use to
> sqlserver transactions Oracle is much nicer in that regard. Readers don't
> block writers and writers don't block readers.
> You probably don't want to lock a table (ouch).
> Jim
> "Enrico Luciano" <e.luciano_at_NOSPAMMMwirecom.it> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > I need to understand how to set ASP property values in order to get
some
[cut] Received on Tue Feb 19 2002 - 13:05:26 CST