Re: Oracle, Transactions and ASP/ADO

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-family_at_attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 05:48:21 GMT

I think you want to understand the transaction models in general see: http://otn.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle8i/doc_library/817_doc/server.817/ a76965/c01intro.htm#3932
and
http://otn.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle8i/doc_library/817_doc/server.817/ a76965/c01intro.htm#9348

Given Oracle's multiversioning features I think you don't need to do anything special. Whereas in the past with other databases I have had to jump through hoops to do specific transaction features; I don;t have to do that with Oracle. Can you allow it to default (not set it)?

Are you trying to solve a specific transaction problem? Jim