Re: NT Directory Replication for Archive Redo logs???

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 20:54:05 +0100

On Thu, 14 Feb 2002 17:35:30 GMT, grakaska_at_unitedwater.com (Greg Rakaska) wrote:

>I am considering using NT's Directory Replication service for
>duplicating archive redo logs on another machine. (Oracle 7.3 & 8.0)
>
>Has anyone ever done this? I would appreciate info/advice you may have
>to offer.

Yup, this was set up at a customer. Failed quite frequently, leaving 'holes' in the redolog sequence at the remote site. If you absolutely want Murphy to hit your system, go for it. Otherwise get rid of those desupported 7.3 and 8.0 databases, and get 8i EE with the standby database. That is rock stable.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Thu Feb 14 2002 - 13:54:05 CST