Changing a column to not null and vice versa

From: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 11:54:54 +0800

Hi Oracle Guys,

I'm a PostgreSQL developer and we wish to implement changing the nullability of a column. We are researching all the different syntaxes, standard and otherwise, for changing a column to NOT NULL and vice versa.

So, what is the exact syntax in Oracle for make a NULL column NOT NULL and vice versa.

I've tried reading the docs, but I'd prefer to see some actual examples.

It would be much appreciated!

Chris Received on Wed Feb 13 2002 - 21:54:54 CST