Re: insufficient privilege to create temp table from stored proc

From: Cameron Hutchison <camh_at_zip.com.au>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 12:44:14 +1100

On Tue, 12 Feb 2002 03:10:45 +1100, Jon Waterhouse wrote:

> I am trying to create a temporary table, which works fine in SQL-PLUS,
> but gives me an insufficient privilege error when run as below in a
> stored procedure.
> Any idea what privilege I'm missing. I've been going round and round int
> he help for about half an hour.

Chances are that you have the "CREATE TABLE" system privilege through the old-but-still-used RESOURCE role. Your procedures do not get the privileges assigned through roles, so you will need to grant the "CREATE TABLE" system privilege directly to the user that owns the stored procedure.

CHeers Received on Mon Feb 11 2002 - 19:44:14 CST