Re: version of oracle

From: dkrpata1 <dkrpata1_at_cox.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 18:20:16 GMT

I would agree with always looking at v$instance, then you can make sure you've sqlplus'ed into the right database. But in reference to Blanc's response, when you do sqlplus into an instance you see both the sqlplus release you are using and the oracle release so that could work if all you wanted to know was the release .