iMedia and url_datastore question

From: Sean <sean_at_kewi.net>
Date: 5 Feb 2002 15:56:34 -0800

Platform: Oracle 8.1.7.2.6 on Windows NT 2000 Adv Server.

Trying to create an Intermedia index with the indexed files residing on an FTP server. We are using the URL_DATASTORE option and the strange thing is that it just "locks" and "hangs".

We've turned on logging on the FTP server and we can see that the conection is made, but nothing happens. The file is a simple TXT file called foo and it is accessible through a URL of ftp://servername/foo.txt Wierd thing is that if we specify an http://servername/foo.txt, iMedia indexes it just fine.

The machines are side by side and do not have to go through a firewall plus the database machine can "ftp" through a dos prompt to the ftp server as well...

Has anyone else encountered this?
Thanks,
Sean Received on Tue Feb 05 2002 - 17:56:34 CST