help with installation of application server and error recognition

From: Susanna <bluegirl80_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 4 Feb 2002 04:01:00 -0800

Hello!
I have installed the database and the application server on 2 different computers.
But Im not sure if I have filled in all the information correctly because it doesnt work.

When I installed the application server there was this "Origin Database Connection Information" where u fill in Hostname port number and Service name.

Computer 1                          computer 2
database                            appserver
computername: kthutv                computername: r2m2app
database name: r2m2

Hostname: kthutv ?
Port Number: 1521
Service Name: r2m2.kthutv ??? we dont have any domain.. so Im not sure how
to fill in this.

The problem right now is the Oracle Database Cache. It fails during installation at 96% where it complains at: Updating User List
Adding users to the cache
Adding users to the cache failed.
Reason: WTE-03501 Error updating list of users: Export failed on origin database.
OCI error - ORA-28575: unable to open RPC connection to external procedure agent

ORA-06512: at "SYS.WTCSYS", line 11
ORA-06512: at "SYS.WTCSYS", line 66
ORA-06512: at line 1

The only user name I can use at the Origin Database credentials screen is:
internal/ORACLE
can not use sys/manager..not enough priviliges?

I have trķed to find the answer on the google groups.. but haven“t really found anything of worth.
I have also looked in the tnsnames.ora and listener.ora file

tnsnames.ora
extproc_connection_data =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = ipc)(KEY = icache)     )
    (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = iCache_extproc)(SERVER = DEDICATED)     )
  )

listener.ora
LISTENER =
  (DESCRIPTION_LIST =

    (DESCRIPTION =                # Local connections.

(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = icache))

SID_LIST_LISTENER =
  (SID_LIST =
    (SID_DESC =
(GLOBAL_DBNAME = r2m2app-icache)
(ORACLE_HOME = C:\Oracle\iSuites)
(SID_NAME = icache)

    )
    (SID_DESC =
(ORACLE_HOME = C:\Oracle\iSuites)
(SID_NAME = iCache_extproc)
(PROGRAM = extproc)

    )
  )

/Susanna Received on Mon Feb 04 2002 - 06:01:00 CST