Connecting to a 8 and 8i database

From: konopam <konopam_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 07:56:39 -0600

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if they where successful installing Oracle 8i
and being able to connect to an 8i and 8.0 database? We are in the process of upgrading
our 8.0.7 database to 8i but I cannot connect to the 8.0 database anymore -- does anyone have suggestions? It appears that the tnsnames.ora file and sqlnet.ora files
are ok, but it keeps stating that my db identifier{sid] is not valid. Received on Mon Jan 28 2002 - 07:56:39 CST