Re: oracle newbie...help?

From: oscargrouch <leeLOSEjackTHISmo_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 13:30:49 -0500

alright...i retract my statement about understanding dbs...what about the book question?

and one of the things i'm finding useful about sql navigator is that, when i'm not sure what sql to write for a query (all i'm doing at this point is querying), i can use the builder and then edit the code from what it gives me...will sql*plus do that?

also, what about the book question?

thanks...............

"Daniel A. Morgan" <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:3C4E889A.2490EDF6_at_exesolutions.com...
> Based on your email I take strong exception to your opening statement that
you
> "understand databases" ... you don't. Drop the pretense or you will just
get
> into trouble. I've been doing this for 30+ years and I would have great
> hesitation in saying that. The subject is as deep as the Pacific Ocean.
>
> SQL Navigator and TOAD are two tools that do roughly the same thing and
are sold
> by the same company. I would advise you to use neither if you are trying
> learn Oracle. Stick to SQL*Plus and learn what you are doing. People that
rely
> on these tools rarely can write DDL and often don't do such a great job of
DML