Re: user defined exception.

From: Hugues Landry <landryh_at_discreet.com>
Date: 23 Jan 2002 10:25:54 -0800

Thanks for the answer but...

   dbms_output does not work for me since i'm making call to the database using OCI call. Because of that i don't see the output send by dmbs_output. I do see the error thrown by oracle ( ORA-nnnnn ). Therefore i wanted to raise an exception that i would not catch. This way i make sure that if someone try to delete from my table not using my method, the execution will stop after rolling back. The only thing left to do is to have a clear error message for my exception.

Any thought on this ??

Hugues Landry