Re: Index / Extents Question

From: Alistair <alistair.thomson_at_sphinxcst.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 09:52:06 -0000

You can run a script that will rebuild the indexes eg

sql> alter index index_name rebuild;

or you can also add storage and tablespace location eg

sql> alter index index_name rebuild storage (initial 1m next 1m pctincrease 0) tablespace my_tablespace_name;

If you have a lot of indexes you could create a script like this

sql> set head off
sql> set pages 0
sql> select 'alter index '||index_name||' rebuild;' from user_indexes;

check the output looks okay (it doesn't do anything yet) and if your happy output to a file eg

sql> spool c:\myfile.sql
sql> /
sql> spool off

then run the script