Oracle 8.1.7 Response Times

From: Craig Muth <muth002_at_attglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 16:39:40 -0500

I have an application written in MS Access that for most queries gets response times in the seconds when using Oracle 7.3.4. When using Oracle 8.1.7 I get response times in the minutes for the same queries. Not all queries have the same response time problems. the Oracle database is at 8.1.6 and appears to process the queries the same.
The workstation is running Windows NT at SP2, it think, the workstation is a PIII, and the memory is 128MB. I know that Access is a problem, but I can't rewrite the application yet.
Has anyone seen this type of a problem and solved it? If so, how have you solved it.

Thanks Received on Tue Jan 15 2002 - 15:39:40 CST