Re: Oracle 9i - sys login question

From: Marco Casale <mjcasale_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 22 Dec 2001 13:49:19 -0800

"vyper" <tgga_at_vyper.karoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:<u29drefel1j34e_at_corp.supernews.com>...
> "Marco Casale" <mjcasale_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to setup an application called Spotlight made by Quest
> > software to monitor my Oracle database. I need to login as SYS in
> > order to setup the 'spotlight' user account in Oracle. Unfortunately,
> > I can't login as SYS. Is there a way to change the sys account so
> > that I can login a SYS normal? I'm only able to login as SYS as
> > SYSDBA.
> >
> > I'm running Oracle 9i on both Win2k and Solaris 8. When I try logging
> > in as a different DBA account , Spotlight tells me insufficient
> > privileges but doesn't explain anything further.
> >
> > Any advice is appreciated.
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > Marco
>
> If you've just installed it then the password is probably the default one.
>
> Pete

Thanks, Pete for your reply,

Actually, I can log into SYS just fine as SYSDBA. But the software I'm trying to install wants me to login to Oracle as SYS as NORMAL, not SYSDBA or SYSOPER. How do you change the SYS account so that you can login as NORMAL instead of SYSDBA?

Thanks,

Marco Received on Sat Dec 22 2001 - 15:49:19 CST