Re: Oracle Minimum Specification

From: vyper <tgga_at_vyper.karoo.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 22:24:16 -0000

"Rick Hanna" <richardhanna_at_dnet.co.uk> wrote in message news:qf6V7.23546$4z5.2734201_at_news6-win.server.ntlworld.com...
> A client has asked me to upgrade his Win2k PIII PC's to a minimum P4
1.3-1.6Mhz, 20Gb HD, 256Mb RAM in order to run Oracle (no other
> information available). The minimum specification appears strange given
that it is only a small office with 3 PC's.

> What are realistic min specifications for Oracle PC's clients?
>
> TIA
>
> Rick

Depends what he expects the amount of data, number of users etc to be. With Oracle there are 2 things that you can never get enough of:-

RAM and hard disks

From memory I think Oracle recommend 22 hard disks to keep I/O contention to a minimum. With memory, the more you have the faster it is.

Pete Received on Sat Dec 22 2001 - 16:24:16 CST