AQ - no subscriber -> Errormsg

From: Viktor Achter <Viktor.Achter_at_post.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 09:04:25 +0100

Hi!

I am using the Oracle Advanced Queues (AQ) to syncronize data of all clients, so that changes appear on every Client immediatly. Therefore I wrote a Procedure, that gets triggered by database change and uses the dbms_aq.enqueue Methode to enqueue every change, so that all subscribed clients can update apprppiatly. To accomplish this ont-to-many messaging, all clients subscribe to the queue, when they startup, and unsubscribe, when the shutdown. I don't give the equeue-procedure a receipientlist, so that the subscriptionlist is used.

My problem is, that if no clients have subscribed to the queue, the enqueue-proc. returns with an error, because there are no subscribers. This makes the trigger and all databasechanges invalid. This happens, when someone is changing data in the dbms without using the client - for example while administrating the database.

Deaktivating the triggers for this is a little anoying.... I was thinking about catching the errormessage within the procedure which uses the enqueue-Method and tell it to do 'nothing' instead of throwing the error, but I wasn't able to find out how...

Can anybody help me?

Thanks!

Viktor Received on Thu Dec 20 2001 - 02:04:25 CST