Re: Connecting to Oracle with VB client

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 17 Dec 2001 06:29:01 -0800

yavior_at_mercury.co.il (Yaron Avior) wrote in message news:<1b00d968.0112170228.3f14d50a_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi,
> Is the only way to connect to an Oracle8i db, via a vb client is
> installing the Oracle client? I tried connecting via dsn, odbc, oledb
> and couldn't connect to the db. what do I need more?

You'll need to install the net8 software (definitely less than a full client)
The products you mention run on top of net8 I would also install Oracle Objects for OLE, which is a native vb/oracle interface, without the overhead associated with odbc.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker,

Senior Oracle DBA Received on Mon Dec 17 2001 - 08:29:01 CST