Re: server ver 7, client ver 8

From: Brian Peasland <oracle_dba_at_peasland.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 21:55:14 GMT

Keith,

No, there are no licensing issues in this configuration. And you shouldn't have any compatibility issues either. Just keep the client at an equal or higher level than the server. If the client is at a lower level than the server, then you probably won't be able to use any of the database's newer features.

HTH,
Brian