Re: Backup older data

From: Brian Tkatch <SPAMBLOCK.Maxwell_Smart_at_ThePentagon.com.SPAMBLOCK>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 13:34:09 GMT

On Tue, 4 Dec 2001 11:32:33 -0000, "Niall Litchfield" <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk> wrote:

>Interesting problem.
>
>My first thought would be to consider storing the images as BFiles. You
>could then update the file location - perhaps toa tape device or removable
>storage? Perhaps transportable tablespaces might be a solution as well.
>
>I think initially though I'd probably just export the data and delete.
>
>I'd be interested to see what others do with this sort of problem. (Assuming
>buy more disks isn't a valid answer.).

I also first thought of BFiles. I just have not dealt with them yet.

Yes, I am more interested in what others do, so I know its been tested and tried. Buying more disks, unfortunately, is not really possible, due to the configuration of the computer it is on. We plan on moving it, but not for a few months.

Brian Received on Tue Dec 04 2001 - 07:34:09 CST