Re: Backup older data

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 11:32:33 -0000

Interesting problem.

My first thought would be to consider storing the images as BFiles. You could then update the file location - perhaps toa tape device or removable storage? Perhaps transportable tablespaces might be a solution as well.

I think initially though I'd probably just export the data and delete.

I'd be interested to see what others do with this sort of problem. (Assuming buy more disks isn't a valid answer.).

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA

"Brian Tkatch" <SPAMBLOCK.Maxwell_Smart_at_ThePentagon.com.SPAMBLOCK> wrote in
message news:3c0bfabc.1238085484_at_news.alt.net...