Installing Oracle using response files - trouble with root.sh

From: theferret <ferret_at_frii.com>
Date: 30 Nov 2001 11:32:44 -0800

I've automated the Oracle installation process through the use of the -responseFile option. I've generating the response files via a shell script and it all works quite nice. However, I have one issue I just cannot seem to get around. It seems that as the installer is running, it pauses waiting for the root.sh script to be executed by root. I've gotten around the orainstRoot.sh by executing it before I even run the installer. But root.sh is a different animal and needs other directories/files in place before it can be run.

Has anyone else encountered this problem and possibly found a workaround? If so, please clue me in to what I'm missing here.

Thanks,
Bruce Received on Fri Nov 30 2001 - 13:32:44 CST