Re: timestamp problems

From: Andy <as.no.spam.stedat_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 13:48:49 GMT

On Mon, 26 Nov 2001 17:00:25 +0100, "Sabine.Buechel" <Sabine.Buechel_at_innosystec.de> wrote:

>Hallo,
>need your help!
>As developer I need a recreation of my database (simple by using a script),
>where the complete db with its packages will be drop first, than recreated
>afterwards.
>My proplem is now, that timestamp problems appear, that means in my FORMS
>Application Message (see afterwards) appear.
>What can I do to prevent a recompilation of my executable or packages?
>
>Dears
>S.Buechel
>

>Exception in FORMS is:
>
>ORA-04062:signature of package "xxx" has been changed
>
>Description from the ORACLE DOCUMENTATION:
>
>ORA-04062 "string" of "string" has been changed
>Cause: Attempt to execute a stored procedure to serve an RPC stub which
>specifies a timestamp or signature that is different from the current
>timestamp/signature of the procedure.
>Action: Recompile the caller in order to pick up the new timestamp.

Hi Sabine,

have you switched the remote_dependencies_mode to signature? If not this is the problem. Forms records the actual timestamp of the dependant pl/sql modules and if not equal when called the above error is thrown. You can avoid this by using the - dynamically changeable - init.ora parameter "remote_dependencies_mode". If set to "timestamp" the behaviour is as seen at your site, the mode "signature" will create a special signature for each module computed from

the name of the unit (the package, procedure, or function name), the types of each of the parameters of the subprogram, the modes of the parameters (IN, OUT, IN OUT), the number of parameters and the type of the return value for a function. If this differs with your current db version of the module the same error as in the timestamp model is thrown, else all will work fine.

You can change the mode in the init.ora REMOTE_DEPENDENCIES_MODE = SIGNATURE
or per session in your forms modules:
ALTER SESSION SET REMOTE_DEPENDENCIES_MODE = SIGNATURE; hth
Andy Received on Tue Nov 27 2001 - 07:48:49 CST