Re: timestamp problems

From: Mark D Powell <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 27 Nov 2001 07:02:43 -0800

"Sabine.Buechel" <Sabine.Buechel_at_innosystec.de> wrote in message news:<9ttot3$sfc$01$1_at_news.t-online.com>...
> Hallo,
> need your help!
> As developer I need a recreation of my database (simple by using a script),
> where the complete db with its packages will be drop first, than recreated
> afterwards.
> My proplem is now, that timestamp problems appear, that means in my FORMS
> Application Message (see afterwards) appear.
> What can I do to prevent a recompilation of my executable or packages?
>
> Dears
> S.Buechel
>

> Exception in FORMS is:
>
> ORA-04062:signature of package "xxx" has been changed
>
> Description from the ORACLE DOCUMENTATION:
>
> ORA-04062 "string" of "string" has been changed
> Cause: Attempt to execute a stored procedure to serve an RPC stub which
> specifies a timestamp or signature that is different from the current
> timestamp/signature of the procedure.
> Action: Recompile the caller in order to pick up the new timestamp.

I remember hitting a problem like this and found the following in my init.ora
# added 03/08/2001 mdp chg from timestamp due to forms 6 using plsql 2.2
remote_dependencies_mode = signature

By using this parameter then as long as the procedure parameter list matches in number and type Oracle should act like the procedure has not been changed.