Re: Problem with oracle 9i on linux

From: Byron Miller <cybrthng_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 23:58:02 GMT

9i Will only work on Suse to tell you the truth, you can hack away redhat and get something to work, but Suse is the only distro support (7.1 i believe).

Under Suse part of the installation installs glibc stubs for what it needs. Oracle 9.0.2.1 works great under Suse. I use it as an OEM server, forms backend and testing out Oracle 11i/9i interopability on linux as well to see if the Real Application Clusters make sense for an ERP environment.

-byron