Problem with oracle 9i on linux

From: Fti/kxexwv <fti/kxexwv3_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 21:22:08 +0100

Hello

I think that it is possible to install it on every Linux (and not Suse as recommended by Oracle ) but the problem that I encounter seems to prove me wrong .
Indeed , I run the runInstaller for Oracle9i and it displayed the following message ' /li/libc.so.6: version 'GLIBC_2.2' not found required by runInstaller' .
I'm working on Mandrake 7.1 and my glibc is a 2.1 . My questions are :

-Should I download a glibc_2.2 ?

- If yes , i heard that there is some relinking to do . How can I do it ?

Thanks for the help .
Andy

ps: Is there any kind of Document that explain better , the problems that people can encounter with the installation of the 9i in Linux (I have the doc of the SDOUG but they are working on SUSE so ..) Received on Sun Nov 25 2001 - 14:22:08 CST