(SPAIN) there is a problem installing oracle8i in linux

From: Daniel <diez10_at_terra.es>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 22:47:25 +0100

Hello from Spain!

I´ve downloaded Oracle8 from this URL:

http://download.oracle.com/otn/linux/oracle8i/oracle_8161_ia64_linux.tar.gz

(if you want it you can use it!)

now I have a directory called oracle with all the directories that belong to oracle: bin...

well, when I follow the instructions to install it, I run some scripts called mkdbs.sh and another one, but both of them gives me the same result: unexpected error in token `usage().

therefore, I´ve got no files like I read in some docs in the web called orainst or another kind of installer.

Can you help me?

My Linux distribution is a RedHat Linux 7.0

Daniel (Zaragoza) Received on Sat Nov 24 2001 - 15:47:25 CST