OEM

From: Cameron Abbott <cvabbott_at_altavista.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 15:34:26 -0500

Hi All,

I have installed the OEM for Oracle 8 on a windows 98 workstation. I am trying to connect to an Oracle 8.1.5. database on a Sun server. I ran the SQL neteasy configuration but when I run any of the OEM tools, I keep getting the error TNS could not resolve service name. From explorer I did a find on tnsnames.ora, it found 5 files, I checked each one and made sure the entry in the file was correct.

I am also connecting to the same DB using TOAD on the same machine and it works fine. Does TOAD not use the tnsnames.ora file? and if it does, then it must be correct or TOAD would not be able to connect.

What else should I look at. Are there any entries in the registry that need to be changed for the OEM to work?

Thanks
Cameron Received on Wed Nov 21 2001 - 14:34:26 CST