Connecting to Oracle database files

From: JayJ <jayj0nes_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 5 Nov 2001 11:11:32 -0800

My company has hired a third party company to develop an application that uses an Oracle database. (Sorry, I'm not sure about the version right now.) They are in the process of completing it, but we don't have this application on our company's servers yet. we don't have Oracle on our servers yet either.

I would like to be able to work with the database locally. Is there any way to do that without having Oracle installed here? For example... can I use MS Access to link to the database files without having Oracle installed on our server? Received on Mon Nov 05 2001 - 13:11:32 CST