DECODE, CASE or perhaps a suggestion?

From: Brian McKenzie <brian_at_stallingscrop.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 20:09:02 GMT

Hello All

I have the following expression in a crystal reports report against an Oracle
8i Databse.

<----SNIP---->

IF {COMMISSION_01.POLICYTYPE} = "MPCI" Then

    IF {COMMISSION_01.ISCAT} = "No" Then

        IF {COMMISSION_01.ISCANCELLED} = "No" Then
            "MPCI"
            Else
                "CANCELLED"
        Else
            "CAT"
     Else
        "CRC"

PolicyType Column contains 2 values MPCI,CRC ISCAT has 2 values Yes, No
ISCANCELLED has 2 values Yes, NO

New column will have an End result with 4 values MPCI, CRC, CAT, CANCELLED

I am not sure I am explaining this properly, tell me so and I will be happy to expand

Should I use CASE, DECODE or am I barking at the wrong trees. I have drug out the manuals and scoured some newsgroups, but I just cant seem to get this one. Any suggestions or referances?

Thanks
Brian Received on Mon Nov 05 2001 - 14:09:02 CST