Help required for a Query

From: tommiy <tommiy_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: 3 Nov 2001 04:00:07 -0800

I have a what is probably a simple question for someone with more sql knowledge than myself and am hoping someone has the time to offer some suggestions.

I have two separate databases. The first contains data regarding some high level detail, the second the low level detail. There is a reference in a table in the first database that acts as a key to a table in the second database.

My problem is that I need to recover all records pertaining to a specific element from the first database and then obtain all the low level detail from the second. How do I do this?

If they were both part of the same database I could just use a sub select and and IN clause (I think)...but how do I do this when the sub select would have to be in a different database?

Any help appreciated I'm getting tired at looking at way of doing this and I'm sure that it shouldn't be that hard...is it? Received on Sat Nov 03 2001 - 06:00:07 CST