Re: OCI Error Handling (trapping UPDATE errors)

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 23:33:46 +0100

On Mon, 29 Oct 2001 22:19:49 GMT, "Massis Isagholian" <massis_at_socal.rr.com> wrote:

>I have an OCI application that's trying to update a non-existent row. The
>problem is that the OCIStmtExecute() function does not return an error when
>this happens. I'm using "if (OCIStmtExecute(...))" for error detection. Is
>this not the right way to detect this type of errors?
>
>Thanks
> Massis

If the row is non-existent, this means no rows are updated. This means an update of 0 rows, and Oracle doesn't view this ,in any context, as an error. You need to find out how OCIstmtExecute returns the number of updated rows.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Mon Oct 29 2001 - 16:33:46 CST