Re: Help me please.

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 19:17:24 +0200

DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:oracle:thin:@:1588localhost:sid","username ","password");

> // Create Oracle DatabaseMetaData object
> DatabaseMetaData meta = conn.getMetaData ();
>
> // gets driver info:
> System.out.println("JDBC driver version is " + meta.getDriverVersion());
> }
> }
>
> sid is the sid of my database. username and password is the login username
> and password.
> I haven't changed the port nubmer. Is it true that the default port is
> 1588?
>
> When I run the program, the following error occur:
> java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: The Network Adapter could not
> establish the connection
> at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java)
> at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java)
> at
> oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.<init>(OracleConnection.java)
> at
> oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.getConnectionInstance(OracleDriver.java)
> at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java)
> at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Compiled Code)
> at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:126)
> at JDBCVersion.main(JDBCVersion.java:11)
>
> How can I solve the problem?
>
> --

By comparing your code and the example carefully. You mixed the host and the port.
In your case it should be
@localhost:port

The port is the on which the listener is listening for yoursid, usually 1521.
Don't know where you got the 1588 from.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Wed Oct 24 2001 - 12:17:24 CDT