Newbie Question

From: Jack Simmions <laclac01_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 19:32:55 -0400

I am new to Oracle, trying slowly to teach my self it. I have an oracle book and some questions in the books seem to stump me. I am going to post the question and hope someone out there will be nice enough to provide the answer with a brief explanation

QA:Produce a list of jobs for departments 10,30,20 in that order displaying job and department number.

QB: List all the job-titles in department 10 and 20 that do not occur in both departments.

The book only specifies a table named department, but it does not give any characteristics. It says to make one up as you go. As you can see this book is very confusing not specifying giving any tables for me to work with.
If someone can help me out I would be very appreciative. thanks a lot! Received on Mon Oct 15 2001 - 18:32:55 CDT