Re: Svrmgrl and multiple instance

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 19:31:05 +0200

"Davide" <dardente_at_katamail.com> wrote in message news:9q1bre$fg5$1_at_serv1.iunet.it...
> Hi everybody.
>
> I have two instance running on the same machine (RDBMS Oracle 8.0.6,WINNT
> 4.0 SP6).
> When I execute 'connect internal' with svrmgrl I get connected with the
> first one.
> How to do in order to make that connect internal refers to the second
> instance?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Davide

Assuming you have one Oracle_home

set oracle_sid = <second sid>
svrmgrl
connect / as sysdba -- internal has been deprecated

or
svrmgrl
set instance <service name for second sid> connect / as sysdba

The second method will if SYS has been granted SYSDBA work on any PC in your network.

8.0.6 has been desupported

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Wed Oct 10 2001 - 12:31:05 CDT