Re: libclntsh.so.9.0 problem: installation of Oracle9i on RHL 7.1

From: andrew_webby at hotmail <andrew_webby_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 9 Oct 2001 04:07:17 -0700

Neil Zanella <nzanella_at_garfield.cs.mun.ca> wrote in message news:<Pine.LNX.4.30.0110090016080.870-100000_at_garfield.cs.mun.ca>... <snip>
> This time I was able to successfully install both the server, client, and
> utilities. The only problem I am having is that I keep on getting the
> following message when I try to run sqlplus:
>
> sqlplus: error while loading shared libraries: libclntsh.so.9.0: cannot
> load shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> Perhaps the reason for this is that I did not do an entirely fresh
> install. This is the same error I got last time. Perhaps I ought
> to reinstall RHL 7.1 and try the above procedure again.
>
> Does anyone know where libclntsh.so.9.0 is supposed to come from?
<snip>

I had a recent problem with pro*c stuff under Solaris. You can regenerate/relink libclntsh. If you look in /oracle/whatever/bin, there should be a shell script called genclntsh. Run it. However, mine was for Ora8 - dunno if it exists for linux. Should though... Received on Tue Oct 09 2001 - 06:07:17 CDT