special characters in sqlplus

From: Thor Morten Kopaas <thor_at_geodata.no>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 12:59:46 +0200

Hi!

I have a script which takes an sql-query as input from the user. In the script I want to pull out parts of the sql-query. My problem is when the user inserts a query like "update table1 set col1 = 'some value' ". The problem is the quotation marks. How do I for eksample make the whole query uppercase?

Some of the script looks like:

prompt Write sql-query:
accept sp_UpdateStm

SET SERVEROUTPUT on;

DECLARE   pl_UpperUpdateStm varchar2(2048);

  BEGIN     SELECT upper('&&sp_UpdateStm') into pl_UpperUpdateStm from dual;

  END;

The upper('&&sp_UpdateStm') will fail.

Thanks,

Thor Morten Kopaas Received on Fri Oct 05 2001 - 05:59:46 CDT