Execution Order

From: Jim Burkman <jburkman_at_ba.ttu.edu>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 09:52:51 -0500

I've always been under the belief that SQL statements are processed in this order:

From, Where, Group By, Select, Having, Order By

However, when pressed, I cannot dispute that the order may be:

From, Where, Select, Group By, Having, Order By

Can any of you gurus explain the logic here so I can either defend my understanding or the processing order intelligently or yeild and gain new insight?

Jim Received on Tue Oct 02 2001 - 09:52:51 CDT