Re: Row Level Security (8i)

From: Zachary Zebrowski <zaz_at_mitre.org>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 13:27:39 -0400

Jonathan Lewis wrote:

> How do you know that it is being created ?

My boss directly queried the procedure that was generating the predicate and it returned the correct info.

> Are you using a 10730 trace to dump the predicate
> or some other tool to write the predicate to disc ?

Don't know.

> Does the predicate use sys_context() or does it
> use tables for its security check ? If the former,
> is the sys_context value perhaps not being set
> correctly. If the latter, are there any indications
> in trace files (set sql_trace true) that the referenced
> tables are definitely NOT being accessed when
> a 'predicated' query is executed ?

A combination. We use sys_context for the user name (working correctly) and then use tables to select the individual permissions for the user. I was unable to get the set sql_trace true command to work in sqlplus.

(I am a relative novice to Oracle. I'm more of an application developer as compared to an oracle DBA, but I'm learning.)

Thanks for responding, and for the help.

Zak