Re: Unable to connect (VB Oracle Objects & LeadTools)

From: Geoff Whitfield <geoff.whitfield_at_afp.gov.au>
Date: 27 Sep 2001 23:52:32 -0700

I've had a little progress- but a step backward as well.

I edited TNSNAMES.ORA to change the IP address in the target database from alpha to numeric. When I re-ran this project, I connected successfully.

However, in a project which has a Sheridan Calendar Widgets control, it falls over on the line:

Set Session = CreateObject("OracleInProcServer.XOraSession")

with the error:
Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object.

Again, this is only occurring when I'm running the source from a LAN drive. If I remove either the Sheridan control or the LeadTools control, it works.

I have rechecked that all controls are registered properly on my machine.

I have Oracle Objects 8.1.7.3.13- I'm told it worked OK on 8.1.5, but I can't check this.

Any thoughts please?

Thanks

Geoff