Unable to connect (VB Oracle Objects & LeadTools)

From: Geoff Whitfield <geoff.whitfield_at_afp.gov.au>
Date: 25 Sep 2001 23:21:48 -0700

Hi,

I have a problem trying to connect from VB using Oracle Objects with a LeadTools control on the form.

.When the source code is on the local drive, I have no trouble. It's
only when we try to move the source code to a network drive (as per company policy) that we experience the problem
.The problem is occurring on a form with only a single control- a LEAD
Main Control (12.0). When this control is removed, the problem goes away.

Here's the entire code:

Sub Form_Load()

Dim Session As OraSession
Dim Database As OraDatabase

  Set Session = CreateObject("OracleInProcServer.XOraSession")

  Session.LastServerErrReset
  Set Database = Session.OpenDatabase("DBNAME", "USERNAME/PASSWORD", &H3)
End Sub

I get the error on the "Set Database" line: "Unable to make connection, ORA-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist"

In sqlnet.log, I get a message:

Fatal NI connect error 12545, connecting to:  (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=....   VERSION INFORMATION:
	TNS for 32-bit Windows: Version 8.1.7.2.0 - Production
	Windows NT TCP/IP NT Protocol Adapter for 32-bit Windows: Version
8.1.7.2.0 - Production
  Time: 26-SEP-2001 12:30:29
  Tracing not turned on.
  Tns error struct:
    nr err code: 0
    ns main err code: 12545
    TNS-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist

    ns secondary err code: 12560
    nt main err code: 515
    TNS-00515: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist

    nt secondary err code: 110
    nt OS err code: 0

I'm a bit new to this. Can anybody shed any light please? Received on Wed Sep 26 2001 - 01:21:48 CDT