Re: Beginner

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 22:58:51 +0200

"Darko Galic" <darko.galic1_at_vz.tel.hr> wrote in message news:9oo2nr$2aa9$1_at_as201.hinet.hr...
> Hello everyone!!!
> I have just installed Oracle8ee on my Win98se and I don't know where and
how
> to start using (teach myself) Oracle! Can someone tell me how to get
> started? I am allways asked for username, login and service to connect to
> database - what database, how can I (and can I) create my database - I
need
> answers on these (funny, I guess) questions because - I can't start, I
don't
> know how!!
> Thank You

Oracle8 Enterprise Edition is supposed to work on NT only. Why you installed an NT product on Win98 is beyond me. You need Personal Oracle 8i.

Secondly, Oracle does come with a getting started manual. I admit that many people exposed to Microsoft products forget how to read manuals, anyway that is what you should do. If you don't want to read manuals, then you should search the archives of this group at http://groups.google.com Your question has been answered so many times it shouldn't be difficult to find the response to it.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Mon Sep 24 2001 - 15:58:51 CDT